After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
Collecting Personal Information
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Order information
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, process your payment information, arrange for shipping, provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our payment processor PayFast, our printing partner(s) and courier(s).
- Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
- Customer support information
- Purpose of collection: to be able to supply you with customer support for any queries that you might have.
- Source of collection: collected from you when you interact with a form or live chat.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our CRM HubSpot.
- Personal Information collected: your name, email address and phone number.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Payfast as our payment processor. You can read more about how Payfast uses your Personal Information here: https://www.payfast.co.za/privacy-policy/.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We share your order information with our production partner(s) and courier(s) to be able to ship products directly to your door.
- We share your Personal Information with Our CMR HubSpot to be able to provide you with live chat support.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide our services to you, which include: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the Protection Of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”), if you are a resident of South Africa (“SA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information and such erasure will not compromise our rights and obligations. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of South Africa, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our payment processor PayFast uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of South Africa, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased, subject to certain terms and conditions. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance, whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services:
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.||session|
|Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.||session|
|Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer.||2 days|
|Powers the recently viewed functionality of the Website||session|
|Allows you to dismiss the store notice when activated||session|
Reporting and Analytics
|Used to distinguish users.||2 years|
|Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|Used to persist session state.||2 years|
|Used for Google Product Linking.||90 days|
|This cookie keeps track of sessions.||30 minutes|
|This cookie keeps track of a visitor’s identity via a unique ID. It is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when deduplicating contacts.||6 months|
|Whenever HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set to determine if the visitor has restarted their browser.||session|
|The main cookie for tracking visitors.||6 months|
|this allows you to chat with a representative on the site.||6 months|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the Regulator in the prescribed manner. [https://popia.co.za/section-74-complaints/]
Last updated: 27/06/2022